sâmbătă, 22 august 2009

Because It's Late and Not Too Soon for Boots





Alice and Olivia for Payless

Jeffrey Campbel

Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony

Marc Jacobs 2007
Well... I might have sinned and made a little purchase. But couldn't help it. They were so damn Balenciagesque, with their snip toe and wedge heel and complete Chloe wannabe look that I couldn't resist. So I am sorry, gods of the Recession, this is the last pair of shoes that I'll buy this year, I promise. And you can't be too upset, cause there's a story behind these shoes.
First, there were the Marc Jacobs shoes. Which I hate. Don't know exactly why, but I truly hate. Then, there were the Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony open toe boots, which came in two versions - elastic and buckle straps. Awesome, but so not in my price range. Then, naturally, Jeffrey Campbel popped in, with a very intriguing version, excellent for the A/W season. Still, at 200$ a pop, kinda pricey. Theeeen, this hit my email Inbox. The Alice and Olivia for Payless biker boot, so cheap and so yummy. Frankly, I bought them in hopes this will put a halt to my shoe obsession, at least for a while. A big thanks to BB, as Payless doesn't deliver outside the US. So, in about 2 weeks or so I'll get my babies (will do an outfit post).
And yes, this is one of those love/hate boots. You either hate it or love it. I happen to love them.
Have a good night.
P.S been meaning to post a whole bungh of pictures, including one with our five headed dragon (well that sounded dirty) and some weird food our fridge holds, courtesy of my sisters, but I have no idea where I put the damn pictures. Anyways, will post them someday.
Bonus P.S and yeah, this is a complete rant, but I am completely entitled to it, as I'm doing my best to overdose my neurons on a huge amount of medical information. Plus, somewhere deep down in my hear I hope there are others completely obsessed with shoes as I am.

2 comentarii:

Alice in vintageland spunea...

Oh Payless - how much I miss you!!!! Fierce boots - I love them!:)

Mad Hatter spunea...

Thanksies :)
Hey, I'm pretty sure in our next life we'll get to live in a Forever21 or sumthin to that extent, seeing how we're shopping disabled in this one